Skin care tips on applying your products and how to maximize the effectiveness of your routine.
Skin care tips appear in every beauty magazine you read so we have picked a short list of the top professionals advice.
- Use your ring or pinkie finger to apply creams and makeup in the eye area.
- Be gentle when removing makeup, pat, don't rub. and use upward strokes to help defy gravity.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, preferably closer to 30 and avoid direct sunlight between the hours of 10 and 2.
- Don't -- I repeat -- don't smoke. Your skin is a large organ and it needs a lot of circulation. Smoking impairs that dramatically. That's why smokers' skin looks dull and gray. Instead of having oxy-generated blood delivered to the surface of the skin, they're getting toxins and oxidants.
- Wash your face twice a day and put on the proper treatment product. I'm amazed when women tell me they don't wash their face in the morning. A lot of icky stuff collects overnight -- dead skin cells, dirt, and dust!
- Don't neglect certain areas of the skin. Elbows, heels, neck, and decolletage need moisturizing, and your scalp and the tops of your feet need sun protection.
- Touch your face less and wash your hands more! Don't get too surgical on yourself. It's very tempting to pick, poke, squeeze, and scratch in front of the mirror. But the more you traumatize the skin, the greater your risk of scarring. Apply treatment products and let them work.
- Beware of counter girls. If it were up to them, you'd be in the bathroom for two and a half hours each morning -- putting 80 layers on your face. Keep your regimen simple. And when you do add a new product, do it gradually so your skin has time to adjust. Each skincare or makeup product has an average of 20 to 40 ingredients -- you're introducing 20 to 40 potential allergens to your face every time you try something new.
- Good skin care advice always recommends a good routine. These are the products that top makeup artists recommend. Keeping skin looking fresh requires a good skincare regimen. To keep pores clean and skin smooth, We recommend using a facial scrub 2 - 3 times a week. Look for exfoliants that contain very fine abrasive particles, such as date seed powder or jojoba esters. I also recommend using a clay-based mask a few times a week to tighten pores and firm skin, but not on the same day you exfoliate. Doing both on the same day may cause over drying.
For a free skin care recipe ebook click here.
(Link will open in a new window)