Acne causes and treatment.
is an embarrassing skin condition that causes skin eruptions to form on your skin. Usually in the middle of your face on the eve of an important occasion. And one where they will be talking many photographs. That has been my experience at least.
You develop the condition when the pores on the surface of your skin become clogged. Each pore contains an oil gland which helps keep the skin lubricated and helps remove old skin cells. When the glad produces a lot of oil it can become clogged with dirt and bacteria. This is when a pimple develops.
The plug may be white or black thus resulting in a whitehead or a blackhead. When it ruptures, it inflames and that is when we become antisocial.
- It does not occur from too much dirt on the skin or infrequent washing. In fact over washing may irritate your condition more.
- It is not caused by eating chocolate or fried foods. No foods have been found to make it worse.
If you would like more information of how to get rid of embarrassing acne Click Here!
- Bacteria that normally live on the skin
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products
- Certain drugs (such as steroids, testosterone , estrogen, and phenytoin)
- High levels of humidity and sweating
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Don't over scrub. Make sure you wash your face in the morning. All kinds of gunk comes out of your skin while you are sleeping. Wash it off.
- While washing your face use a clean wash cloth every time. Make sure they are laundered using hot water. Always rinse your face with warm, not hot, water.
- Avoid touching your face as much as you can. You have oil on your fingers which will help clog the pores on your face.
- Check your pillowcase. Make sure it is laundered frequently using hot water and is made of cotton.
- Drink a couple of glasses a pure plain water every day. I know I said foods don't cause acne but I really find the water thing works.
- Use cosmetics that have the word "noncomedogenic" on them. It means that they won't clogged pores.
- Some people prefer to try prescription medicines.
Scarring can be a huge problem with blemishes. No one wants a permanent reminder of a pimple that was temporarily on your face. If you have scarring already you may want to check out this great information on
acne scar removal.
(opens in a new window.)